Secondary home insurance

from 12,70€ / months

Simply insure your country home, coastal house or mountain chalet with 100% online insurance: finally clear, efficient and flexible.

Why do more than 400,000 policy holders recommend Luko?

Up to 40% in savings per year

on average for those who come to Luko.

100% transparent

At Luko, 30% of the fees cover our costs, the remaining 70% cover your claims.

0 headaches

Goodbye, paperwork! Manage your contracts and claims in 3 clicks.

  • Water Damage

  • Fire and related risks

  • Disasters and storms

  • Civil Liability & Criminal Defense

  • Mortgage refund

  • Theft & Vandalism

  • Broken glass

  • Electrical damage

  • Locksmith assistance

  • Pests

And of course, all the guarantees of the Legal Minimum formula are also included!

As many options as you want

Flexible options

With Luko, you're in control. You tailor your policy to your situation and needs, so you don't pay for unnecessary coverage.

Outbuildings

Insure your box, garage or cellar, as well as the goods stored there (it would be a shame to waste good wine).

Replacement as new

All your goods less than 10 years old will be reimbursed as if they were brand new, no matter how old or used they are.

Pool, jacuzzi, spa

Cover hard, in-ground or semi in-ground pools, spas and jacuzzis.

Outdoor facilities

In case of damage, we cover all the beautiful furniture you have installed on your balcony or terrace.

Temporary rental

Did you come across the wrong Airbnb tenants? Don't panic, we also cover up to 10 000€ of damage and theft caused by your temporary tenants. You are also covered for civil liability and we compensate your loss of rent if your property becomes uninhabitable following a damage covered by your contract. And this works for all rentals of less than 90 days, regardless of the platform you use.

Valuables

Don't forget to add your jewelry, paintings, luxury watches and other precious items to your cover.

Scholar insurance

Insure your little ones during their school and extracurricular activities.

Pipe repair

Have you had water damage due to a burst pipe? Luko is one of the few insurers to offer you an option to repair it, in addition to covering the damage already caused by the leak.

From €12.70 per month

Get your price in 2 minutes with an online quote. The price depends on the surface area and location of your secondary home. Then, it's up to you to customize your cover!

Caculate my quote

Frequent questions

  • What is a secondary residence?

    A secondary residence is by definition any other dwelling that is not your principal residence, i.e. a dwelling that you occupy during vacations, weekends or other specific times of the year (as opposed to your principal residence, which is your tax home and where your family permanently resides). You can have several secondary residences, but only one principal residence in the eyes of the law.

  • Is it mandatory to insure my second home?

    YES, if you are a tenant (except for seasonal rentals) or if it is a condominium apartment that you own. Only owners of individual houses are not obliged to take out insurance, but it is nevertheless strongly recommended to protect yourself in case of damage.

  • How much does second home insurance cost?

    This depends on many factors including the location and size of your home. The easiest way is to do a price simulation on our website. Note that insuring a second home is often slightly more expensive than insuring a main home due to the additional risks related to prolonged absences.

  • I forgot to lock my front door, am I covered in case of burglary?

    With most insurers this kind of carelessness is unfortunately a cause for exclusion of coverage, which means that you are not compensated. With Luko you are still covered up to 50%.

  • I rent the same accommodation every year for the vacations, do I have to insure it?

    No, if it is a short-term rental, it is simply a seasonal rental: it is not necessary to insure it because the owner is generally already covered and you normally benefit from a holiday guarantee included in your insurance contract (this is the case with Luko). The rental company may sometimes ask you for a certificate to verify that you are covered for third party liability (civil liability).

Calculate your quote