Cover your flat with 100% online insurance: finally clear, efficient and flexible.
Why do over 400,000 policyholders recommend Luko?
up to 30% savings per year
on average, for those who switch to Luko
At Luko, 30% of premiums cover our teams and costs, the remaining 70% cover you in case of a claim.
Goodbye, paperwork! Manage your contracts and claims in 3 clicks.
Your goods are covered for accidental leaks or spills. However, this warranty does not cover repairs to the part that caused the damage. For example: we will repair walls and ceilings damaged by a leak from your washing machine, but the washing machine will not be covered.
Your goods are covered for fire, explosion or implosion, lightning, smoke from your home and impact from a vehicle.
Covers damage caused by storms and natural disasters (winds exceeding 100km/h, hail, snow, frost, or floods) or damage resulting from a terrorist attack recognized as such by the State.
Covers bodily, material and immaterial damages that you or your co-insureds have caused to others (without doing so on purpose). For example: if you accidentally break a friend's phone or if your child accidentally scratches the neighbor's car (oops).
Criminal Defense guarantee defends your interests in case of an attack on your person or property, or if your Civil Liability is involved, by covering any legal fees.
If your home becomes uninhabitable following a disaster covered by your contract (water damage, fire, etc.), we take care of paying the monthly mortgage payments while the property is being repaired
Your goods are covered if they have been damaged or stolen, for example during a burglary by breaking and entering, forcing the lock or breaking and entering, or during the illegal occupation of your home. Please note that your exterior doors must be equipped with at least 2 anchor points. Send us a picture on the chat of our site if you have any doubt!
We cover the accidental breakage of your glass (window, door...) as well as your sanitary appliances (bathtub, toilet, etc..).
You are covered against theft, loss and breakage of keys or if your lock is damaged following an attempted break-in. Our assistance will send you a locksmith and will take care of the opening of your door, within the limit of 300€.
Your electrical appliances are covered in case of an electrical accident, such as a lightning strike or power surge. We even refund you for the loss of food stored in your freezer.
This guarantee covers up to 300€ TTC of intervention in case of invasions of rats, cockroaches, bedbugs, etc.
As many options as you want
With Luko, you are in control. You tailor your policy to your situation and needs, so you don't pay for unnecessary coverage.
Insure your box, garage or cellar, as well as the goods stored there (it would be a shame to waste good wine).
Don't forget to add your jewelry, paintings, luxury watches and other precious items to your cover.
Insure your little ones during their school and extracurricular activities.
Replacement as new
All your goods less than 10 years old will be reimbursed as if they were brand new, no matter how old or used they are.
Did you come across the wrong temporary tenants? Don't panic, we also cover up to 10 000€ of damage and theft caused by your temporary tenants. You are also covered for civil liability and we compensate your loss of rent if your property becomes uninhabitable following a damage covered by your contract. And this works for all rentals of less than 90 days, regardless of the platform you use.
In case of damage, we cover all the beautiful furniture you have installed on your balcony or terrace.
Frequently asked questions
Is flat insurance compulsory?
Yes, if you are a tenant. If you are a landlord, you are required to insure your flat if it is in a condominium building, but not if it is in a mono-property (if you own all the flats in the building).
Who has to insure a rental flat?
As a tenant, you are free to take out the home insurance of your choice. As an owner, you can take out insurance in the name of your tenant. However, the tenant is free to request that you cancel that insurance, so long as they provide you with proof that they have taken out insurance elsewhere.
Landlord : do you need to insure your flat?
Whether you are an owner-occupant or landlord, the same legislation applies: you are obliged to insure your flat if it is in a condominium building.
How much is the deductible?
The deductible can be adjusted according to your needs. The amount ranges from €75 to €475.
What documents are required to insure a flat?
Forget about documents, at Luko there is zero paperwork. In a traditional insurance company, you would have to provide bank account details, a copy of your ID, a copy of your rental contract for tenants, and sometimes proof of income.