Last updated on 20/11/2020
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that a website transfers and stores in a computer's browser directory. They help site providers with things like understanding how people use a site, remembering a User’s login details, and storing site preferences (for example language preference).
There are different types of cookies, for example:
- First party cookies: these cookies are placed and read by Luko directly when you use our Sites, to guarantee an optimized experience, such as Intercom for chat purposes.
- Third party cookies: these cookies are not set by Luko, but by other companies, like Google, for site analytics purposes. See further details below on how to manage these cookies.
- Cookies which endure for different periods of time, including those that only last only as long as your browser is open . These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are 'permanent cookies', meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they recognize your device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
Luko uses the information provided by cookies for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize your experience while using the Sites, Services and App, as well as to recognize your computer in order to assist your use of the Sites and Services. We also gather statistical information about use of the Sites in order to improve their design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions regarding them.
What cookies do we use?
Necessary cookies enable you to navigate the Sites and to use their services and features. Without these necessary cookies and similar technologies, the Sites will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like them to and we may not be able to provide the Sites or certain services or features.
Analytics cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our Sites, Services and App. We use those cookies in a number of different ways, including:
- Site Features and Services. To remember how you prefer to use our Sites so that you don’t have to reconfigure your settings each time you log into your account.
- To Analyze and Improve Our Services. To make our Site and Services work better for You. Cookies help us understand how people reach our Sites and our Users’ sites. They give us insights into improvements or enhancements we need to make to our Site and Services.
- Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs). May be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of Users (such as email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Third Party Analytics. These cookies allow us to count the number of visits to our site, to identify sources of traffic or to understand what content our visitors like (for example, which pages or categories are most visited). We may also use these cookies to monitor the performance of our website and ensure that it is free of bugs!
If you disable these cookies, we will not be able to know when you visit our site or optimise its performance for you.
Targeting and Advertising Cookies